Agricultural Production Contract in American Law
Nowadays agricultural production is more and more based on the production contracts. There are many types of them that can be conducted by a farmer and processing plants, brokers, etc. Signing the contract a farmer reduces the production risk and stabilizes his revenue. Because the legal system varies from state to state there are some regularities and models that can be followed. Unfortunately the differences do not allow to define one common pattern of contact.
Agriculture; Trade contracts; Agricultural production; Law
Hueth B., Hennessy D., 2004. Contracts and risk in agriculture - conceptual and empirical foun-dations. 1-19.
Hueth B., Ligon E., 1999. Producer Price Risk and Quality Measurement. Am. J. Agric. Econ. 81, 512-513.
Hueth B., Melkonyan T., 2004. Identity Preservation, Multitasking, and agricultural contract design. Am. J. Agric. Econ. 86(3), 824-847.
MacDonald J., Korb P., 2006. Agricultural Contracting Update: Contracts in 2003. Econ. Inform. Bull. 9, 11. www.ers.usda.gov.
MacDonald J., Perry J., Ahearn M. 2004. Agricultural Economic Report November 2004. AER837, 81.
Peck A., 2006. State Regulation of Production Contracts. The National Agriculture Law Center, Arkansas University of Arkansas School of Law.
Peck A., 2004. State Regulation of Production Contracts, National Agricultural Law Center Research Production Contracts. Farm Foundation Issue Report 2, 1. www.farmfoundation.org.
Tokarczyk R., 2000. Prawo amerykańskie. Zakamycze.
Tiller K.H., 2001. Overview of U.S. Agricultural Contracts. Philip Morris Leadership Development Seminar Lexington, Kentucky 10 January 2001. http://apacweb.ag.utk.edu.
Ustawa z dnia 23 kwietnia 1964 r. Kodeks Cywilny. Dz. U. Nr 16, poz. 93 z późniejszymi zmianami.
Zawada C., 2006. Regulation of Agricultural Contracts. Setting the Stage. Center for Studies in Agriculture. Law and Environment, 6.
Act of 23 April 1964 on the Civil Code, O. J. No 16, item 93 as amended.
Arkansas Code ANN.
Code of Federal Regulations (C.F.R.).
Georgia Code ANN.
Illinois Complied Status (ILCS).
Iowa Code 2007.
Kansas Statutory ANN.
Wisconsin Statutes ANN.
Unites States Code (U.S.C.), 1930.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
This journal permits and encourages authors to post items submitted to the journal on personal websites or institutional repositories both prior to and after publication, while providing bibliographic details that credit, if applicable, its publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Izabela Lipińska, Institutional Risk in Agricultural Production in the Face of Negotiating the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 42 No 4 (2016)
- Ryszard Chaberski, Izabela Hoft, Izabela Lipińska, Marian Lipiński, Climate Changes as the Risk Factor in Milk Production in Wielkopolska , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 36 No 2 (2015)
- Izabela Lipińska, Contemporary Significance of the Cultivation Contract , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Izabela Lipińska, Marian Lipiński, The Activity of Poznań County Farmers in the Field of Agricultural Construction after the Accession to the European Union , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 29 No 3 (2013)
- Olga Stefko, Izabela Lipińska, Dorota Piasecka-Kwiatkowska, Factors Conditioning the Development of Safe Food Production in Poland , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 29 No 3 (2013)
- Izabela Lipińska, The Financial Support of Agricultural Producer Groups , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 9 No 3 (2008)
- Izabela Lipińska, The System of Protection of Geographical Indications and Designations of Origin for Agricultural Products , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 10 No 4 (2008)
- Izabela Lipińska, The Contract of Farm Holiday , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 5 No 377 (2006): Roczniki Akademii Rolniczej w Poznaniu - Seria Ekonomia
- Izabela Lipińska, Juridical Organization of Market in the Sector of Milk and Milk Products , Journal of Agribusiness and Rural Development: Vol 4 No 359 (2005): Roczniki Akademii Rolniczej w Poznaniu - Seria Ekonomia